10 of the BEST Music Homeschool Curriculum Programs and Packages
Finding a high-quality music homeschool curriculum can be a daunting task, with so many uninspiring programs that can deflate students and make learning boring. However, in this article, I aim to introduce you to some of the best music homeschool curriculum programs from established providers in the homeschooling community. With this roundup, I hope to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision and select a curriculum that will bring the joy of music into your homeschool.
I aim to find the best curriculum out there. I am also an affiliate with some of these great companies.
Why Study a Music Curriculum?
Before we launch into the different musical homeschool curriculum programs, let’s recap the benefits of studying something like this.
Studying a music homeschool curriculum can offer numerous benefits for children, both academically and personally. Here are some of the specific advantages:
- Cognitive development: Music education involves complex processes that can help children develop cognitive skills like memory, attention, and problem-solving. Learning an instrument, for instance, requires the brain to coordinate motor skills, reading music notation, and interpreting rhythms and melodies. All of these activities can help children develop better concentration, multitasking abilities, and critical thinking skills.
- Emotional expression: Music is a powerful tool for emotional expression and regulation. Children can use music to express themselves in ways that words cannot, which can be especially valuable for children who struggle with verbal communication or emotional regulation. Singing or playing an instrument can also be a form of stress relief or relaxation, helping children manage their emotions and cope with anxiety or depression.
- Social skills: Music education often involves group activities like choir, band, or orchestra, which can help children develop important social skills like teamwork, leadership, and communication. Children must learn to work together to create a cohesive sound, listen to others, and follow directions from a conductor or music teacher.
- Cultural understanding: Music is a universal language that can transcend cultural barriers and connect people from different backgrounds. Studying music can expose children to a wide range of musical styles and traditions from around the world, helping them develop an appreciation for diverse cultures and traditions.
- Creative expression: Learning to play an instrument or compose music can be a highly creative activity that encourages children to think outside the box and experiment with different sounds and techniques. Music can help children develop their artistic talents and express their creativity in new and exciting ways.
Incorporating a music homeschool curriculum into a child’s education can provide them with a well-rounded education that goes beyond academic skills.
Music can offer a range of benefits that can help children develop personally, socially, and culturally.
Schoolhouse Teachers Music Homeschool Curriculum Packages
Schoolhouse Teachers is a Christian homeschool curriculum that provides a vast range of educational resources on a subscription basis.
With just one affordable subscription, the entire family can access (quite literally) hundreds of electives, including their music programs.
The Schoolhouse Teachers music course covers a wide range of topics, with both written and video lessons available to students.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Great Musicians,
- The History of Western Music,
- Music Theory I & II,
- Music Throughout History,
- Music and Voice,
- Advanced Music Theory,
- Beginner Drum Lessons,
- Appreciating the Gift of Music,
- Composing with the Masters, and
- Fun with Music.
These resources are a valuable asset for homeschooling families who want to provide their children with a comprehensive music education, and with the subscription covering the whole family, it’s an affordable option for families of all sizes.
Checkout their music homeschool curriculum here.
Music in Our Homeschool
The Music in Our Homeschool Curriculum by Gena Mayo is a comprehensive resource for homeschooling parents who want to incorporate music education into their curriculum.
The curriculum includes lessons on music theory, history, and appreciation, as well as a variety of activities and resources to make learning music fun and engaging for students of all ages.
With its easy-to-follow format and helpful tips, “The Music in Our Homeschool Curriculum” is a must-have for any homeschooling family looking to enrich their children’s education with the beauty and power of music.
If you’re interested in exploring this curriculum further, be sure to check it out for yourself and see how it can benefit your family’s homeschooling journey.
Veritas Press is a classical Christian online homeschool curriculum that offers a music program that includes musical appreciation and other inspiring publications to introduce children to the world of music.
With the Veritas Press music curriculum, students can deeply understand and appreciate music and its place in our cultural history.
Additionally, Veritas Press offers a free consultation with a homeschool mom to help families start their homeschooling journey and learn more about the Veritas curriculum.
Whether you are a homeschooling family looking to incorporate music education into your curriculum or just interested in learning more about Veritas Press, the music program is a valuable resource that can enrich your child’s education.
Make sure you take up their offer of a free homeschool consultation here.
Memoria Press Music Homeschool Curriculum
The Memoria Press music curriculum is a classical program designed to provide students with a deep understanding and appreciation of Western cultural heritage through the study of art and music.
Starting in the early grades, students are introduced to great Western art and music in simple lessons.
As they progress to middle and high school, they delve into more in-depth study of our cultural heritage, including Latin music.
According to their music page, Memoria Press believes that to understand our cultural heritage truly, we must see it embodied in the art and music that helped to make it great.
This program provides students with a comprehensive education in music and art, giving them the tools they need to fully appreciate and understand the rich cultural history of the Western world.
[TAG1]Homeschool Vocal Gym Singing Curriculum
The Vocal Gym for Homeschoolers is an online course that offers self-paced, interactive learning for homeschooled high school students interested in singing.
They use a scientific approach to remove the mystery of singing while celebrating every voice’s uniqueness.
The course has 150+ hours of lessons, vocal exercises, and activities per year, with over 300 educational videos, hours of downloadable MP3s to practice with, and 115,000 vocal exercise combinations.
Easy Peasy All-in-One
The Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool is a free online curriculum for homeschooling families.
One of its components is the Music curriculum, created by Lee Giles, which offers music education for kindergarten through high school students.
The Music curriculum in Easy Peasy covers a wide range of topics, including music theory, history, composition, and performance.
The curriculum provides a variety of other materials such as worksheets, quizzes, and suggested listening and reading materials.
Whether your child is just starting to explore music or has already developed an interest in it, the Music curriculum in Easy Peasy is a great resource to help them learn and grow in this area.
If you’re interested in checking it out, be sure to visit the Easy Peasy website and explore the Music curriculum for yourself.
Under the Home
Under the Home is a free Charlotte Mason-inspired music curriculum currently available for students in grades K to 5. The curriculum provides a wealth of music resources and materials to help students learn and appreciate music.
One of the best things about the curriculum is that it is completely ad-free, making it a safe and distraction-free learning environment for students.
Although the curriculum is limited to grades K to 5 at this time, it is a valuable resource for homeschooling families who are looking for a high-quality music education for their young children.
Sonlight Music Homeschool Curriculum
Sonlight Homeschool Curriculum offers a unique literature-based approach to incorporating music into your homeschooling program.
In addition to using music as a tool to help kids memorize information, Sonlight also offers resources to help students learn how to play and appreciate music.
Whether you want to start your child’s musical journey with the recorder or teach them to play the piano, Sonlight has tools that can help.
Additionally, they offer engaging music appreciation resources to help your child develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of music.
By incorporating music into your homeschool curriculum, you can provide your children with a fun and effective way to learn and memorize information while also fostering their love of music and helping them to develop their musical skills.
The Freedom Homeschooling website offers a comprehensive list of free homeschool curriculums that parents can use to educate their children at home.
These curriculums cover a range of subjects, from language arts and math to science and history.
The website also provides links to free resources for extracurricular activities, such as art and music.
By utilizing these free resources, parents can provide their children with a quality education at home without the financial burden of purchasing a traditional curriculum. The Freedom Homeschooling website is a valuable resource for families who are interested in homeschooling but may have budget constraints.
ChristianBooks.com – Other Music Homeschool Curriculum Resources
What to Consider When Looking At Musical Homeschool Curriculum Programs
There are several other factors to consider when choosing the best music homeschool curriculum for your family. Here are some additional topics to cover in your article:
- Age-appropriate materials: Different music curriculums are designed for different age groups, so it’s important to choose one that is appropriate for your child’s developmental stage. For example, younger children may benefit from music programs that focus on rhythm and movement, while older children may need more advanced instruction in music theory and composition.
- Type of music: Some homeschool music programs focus on classical music, while others explore a variety of musical genres. Consider your child’s musical interests and choose a program that aligns with those interests. Exposing your child to a variety of musical genres can also help them develop a well-rounded appreciation for music.
- Instructor qualifications: It’s important to choose a music curriculum that is taught by qualified instructors. Look for programs that are created or endorsed by professional musicians or music educators.
- Interactive components: Interactive components, such as online forums or virtual lessons, can enhance your child’s learning experience and provide opportunities for peer-to-peer interaction.
- Equipment and materials: Some music curriculums may require additional equipment, such as musical instruments or software programs. Consider the cost and availability of these materials before choosing a curriculum.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best music homeschool curriculum that fits the needs and interests of your child, and provides a comprehensive music education.
Also Take a Look At:
If you’re on the hunt for homeschool curriculum, make sure you checkout the following pages:
- 20 Science Homeschool Curriculum Programs and Packages
- 30 Best History Homeschool Curriculum Programs
- 7 Best Classical Homeschool Curriculum: Classical Education Programs
- Top 10 Bible-Based Homeschool Curriculum Programs: Find the Perfect Fit
- BEST Christian Homeschool Curriculum Packages Reviewed (2023)
There’s also the curriculum finding tool which will give you even more options. Check it out here.
In conclusion, a music education is an important part of a well-rounded homeschool curriculum. By incorporating music into your homeschooling program, you can provide your children with a deeper understanding and appreciation of our cultural heritage, while also fostering their creativity and imagination. In this article, we have explored some of the best music homeschool curriculum programs available from established providers in the homeschooling community. By choosing one of these programs, you can ensure that your children receive a comprehensive music education that is engaging, inspiring, and fun. With the right curriculum, your children can develop a lifelong love of music and a deeper appreciation of its place in our world.
The post 10 of the BEST Music Homeschool Curriculum Programs and Packages appeared first on How Do I Homeschool?.