Sunflower Calendar Numbers Free Printable
Be sure to add these sunflower calendar numbers to your stash of classroom calendar numbers. You can use them to practice so many early math skills with your students this fall.
The sunflower number cards are super easy to prep, too, so I bet you can have them ready to go for tomorrow! And, once you have them all ready to go, the printable sunflower numbers can be used for years to come.
I think these would be perfect during a general fall theme, a sunflower unit, or when you’re teaching children about flowers. While I mention using them during the fall, you can really incorporate them into your math lesson plans any time of the year.
Related: Free Preschool Printables
Of course, you don’t really have to use the sunflower number cards with a specific unit. Add them to your math activities for preschoolers and kindergartners, to be used as needed.
However you decide to use them, be sure to get your own copy of the calendar numbers at the very bottom of this post!
Sunflower Calendar Numbers
Below, I’ll share tips for prepping the sunflower numbers, along with ideas for how to use them with your students. Because, even though I call them calendar numbers, they can really be used in so many ways beyond your classroom calendar!
How to Prep the Sunflower Number Cards
There’s really not much to do in order to get the numbers ready for your students. Before anything else, grab the supplies you need. Here’s what I suggest (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
And that’s really all you need to get going with the sunflower calendar numbers! You don’t even really need to laminate the cards if you’d prefer not to. But I do recommend it so you can use the cards again next year.
Related: Number Activities for Preschoolers
While you’re getting supplies, be sure to pick up any items you’d like to use with the numbers, like:
Once you have all of your supplies, it’s time to prep! First, print the sunflower number cards. Then cut them apart and laminate the numbers. Yes, that’s really all there is to it.
How to Use the Sunflower Calendar Numbers
As I mentioned earlier, there are so many ways to use the sunflower numbers. Below are some of our favorite ways to use calendar numbers:
- As the name implies, the numbered sunflowers are great in your linear and traditional calendars. You can just leave them up there to keep track of the days. Or you can work with the children to keep up with the calendar during circle time.
- Pair the sunflowers with another set of numbers (perhaps the pumpkin calendar numbers). Use the two sets to explore and practice patterning with your students.
- Create a simple sunflower-themed sensory writing tray using yellow craft sand. Have the children practice number formation, using the number cards as visual cues.
- If you’ve planted sunflowers in your school garden, use the sunflower numbers to measure the flowers!
- Print two sets of the sunflower calendar numbers. Set up a grid-shaped memory game for the kids. They take turns checking two numbers to see if they can find a match.
- Have your students put the numbers in order from 0 to 35. Then challenge them to do so in reverse numerical order next.
Related: Number Rocks
- Set out some manipulatives (pompoms, sunflower beads, yellow Unifix cubes, etc.) with the numbers. Have the kids practice one-to-one correspondence by placing the appropriate number of manipulatives by each number card.
Of course, you’re not limited to the ideas I share. You and your students can come up with all new ways to use the numbers. Be sure to leave me a comment and share you’re favorite way to use with sunflower calendar numbers with the kids!
What are the Kids Learning with the Printable Sunflower Numbers?
Here’s a list of some of the concepts you can use the numbered sunflowers to practice:
- Number identification
- Numerical order
- Number formation
- Graphing and data analysis
- Number matching
- Skip counting
Not too bad for a simple set of sunflower calendar numbers, right?!
More Sunflower Activities
If you and your students are having a blast with all things sunflowers, here are some more ideas to try:
- Sunflower Cupcake Liner Craft
- Fine Motor Sunflower Activity
- Planting Sunflowers with Preschoolers
- Sunflower Suncatcher Craft
- Tracing Letters with Seeds
Garden Dramatic Play
Let Preschool Teacher 101 save you a ton of time with fully-developed, done-for-you early childhood education resources. We have hundreds of lesson plans and supplemental resources to make your teacher life so much easier. If you really want to get the most bang for your buck, join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101, a membership for preschool and kindergarten teachers. Members get access to our materials (and members-only exclusives) at a steep discount.
I think our garden dramatic play pack would go quite well with the sunflower calendar numbers. Click on the image below to get it:
You can also find us on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Get the Free Printable Sunflower Calendar Numbers
The sunflower numbers are available to members of Fun-A-Day’s (free!) email community. If that’s you, enter your email in the form below to have the download link sent to your inbox. If you’re not a member yet, add your information to the same form to join us. You’ll receive the sunflower calendar numbers as a welcome gift.
Open the form in a new tab if you can’t see it above.